Dirty John Bonny

A lost boy who wants to join the pirates ...

Monday, September 25, 2006

Looking at the logs

I see you. Trying to make sense out of what I see is another matter. To whit, some recent searches that lead to Dirty John Bonny:


shabbat shalom

This was the title of a post that was only up for a few minutes before I decided that I wasn't happy with it and deleted it. Nonetheless it made into more than one search index.

The post, as near as I can recall, had something to do with kissing mezzuzahs, or something. It had a cute illustration, but for the life of me I can't recall what the hell it was about.

I gave myself a headache trying to figure out how, given over a million hits for that phrase, someone came here.

teen intromission
Huh? I'm afraid to comment ...

pictures of boys that look like huck finn
That ranked a first page on Google. I'm sure they were disappointed.

Candy is Dandy, and various other Ogden Nash-related searches
Led here. I'm rather fond of that post, and happy to share.

bunny robot
I always get a giggle when I see "bunny robot" and "pirate bunny" crop up. Take a look at the search that brought someone from Algeria here via Arabic Google.

Another hit for Zep.

video kitty & rooster cute and weird friendship
More than one person was looking for this.

kitty litter cake
I'd completely forgotten about that one.

roy orbison and k d lang
k d lang
Here and here. Apparently there's not enough of kd out there, since people keep coming here looking.

dirt made my lunch
I'm happy to share this cute song.

twas brillig and the slithy toes
slithy toes

A couple people found out that they're "toves."

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

technical virgin
Lots of people are still trying to find the Melanie Mertinez videos.

mentos coke ballet
Overall, the soda bombs are the most popular. Someone else first used the word "ballet" to describe this video, but now that keyword directs people here.

Meanwhile, over at theboywizard.com, most of the traffic still comes to the Gay Penguins page. The referrer references indicate that the link is being passed around by emails.


All and all, I don't know what to think of the public side of all this. The web sites are intended to be between me and thee (you know who you are). But it is fun to think that maybe someone else will get a smile out of it as well. I sure hope they do.

Related


Powered by Blogger