Dirty John Bonny

A lost boy who wants to join the pirates ...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's alive!


One again, the pirate doctor has resurrected another dead computer. Over a few days my main PC gradually went totally tits-up. All better now, mkay?

For the eleventeenth time, I rued the lack of a solid back up. I didn't lose anyhting, but the whole job took longer since I had to be careful not to stomp on anything.

I've taken care of that in the form of a mirrored disk, so that next time I can just boot to the good copy. Provided, of course, that I keep the mirror up to date enough to be useful.

Boys, bunnies and blasphemy will resume soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of weeks ago, my computer starting making a realy bad noise. It sounded like a disk drive head banging. I RAN to the store and got an external disk drive and quickly backed the thing up. Then learned that it was simply a fan rattling.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<<Dirty John Bonny Home

Powered by Blogger