Dirty John Bonny

A lost boy who wants to join the pirates ...

Friday, July 06, 2007

Beverly Sills

Beverly Sills died this week at only 78 years old.

I don't know crap about opera, even though I love it.

I've always had this idea that the American superstars, like she and Sutherland, were great because they were such good actors. Doing so much with your voice and still maintaining a stage presence is quite a skill.

Here's a bit from Il Barbiere Di Siviglia.


About five.


And, in honor, here's more from Mel Blanc's Rabbit of Seville, a brilliant production that I'd like to think that Ms. Sills might have well loved as much as I do.


About seven - worth every second.


[Update - I said Mel Blanc -it's his voice - but Chuck Jones should be credited as producer director of the the Buggs' cartoon.]

[ Another update - a video rescue that I don't think will hold for long:


About seven and a half.
]

Powered by Blogger