Dirty John Bonny

A lost boy who wants to join the pirates ...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Shocking, but still usable

Ken Barbie Blaine
From the St Petersburg Times - An interview with four fifth-graders, two boys, Andy and Allie, and two girls, Adeline and Hannah.
Mattel has recently announced that Barbie is getting back together with Ken after two years. The kids have their own take on the story.

Allie: I always sort of knew they would break up.

How'd you know that?

Allie: Ken always went to the beach. Barbie had to take care of Kelly.

Who's Kelly?

Allie: Their child.

Adeline: Wasn't Barbie married to Ken? I think they're divorced.

They were married? They had a baby? And now they're divorced?

Hannah: It's kind of shocking.


Where was Ken all this time?

Adeline: I think he was dating Barbie's best friend, Nadine, or something.

Hannah: She was the girl who went to bars and drank margaritas.


Somehow I forgot all about Ken. Are you glad he's back?

Allie: Maybe now he knows what Barbie wants.

...

Adeline: I think it's a bad example for Kelly for Barbie to get divorced, then have a new boyfriend, then break up.

Allie: Too many relationships.

Hannah: Wait till Kelly's older. She's like 4. She doesn't understand why guys come and go.

Andy: If I were Barbie, God forbid, I would lay off for a while till I figured out what I want.


Adeline: I have a Ken doll. My dog bit his hand off. But he's still usable.

Powered by Blogger